Skip to content
August 7, 2008 / allyo

Waiting

C has developed ARDS and is, in the words of the doctor, very very very critical. Basically they’re doing everything they can. She’s maxed out on all the support machines, so if she gets worse they’re nothing else to do. Should she survive, she’ll go to a long-term care facility, and maybe, might someday be able to go home.

Ruthie and I had a long talk, and she validated all of my feelings. She’s been on C about her treatment of me for oh, 25 years. She doesn’t want to intrude, but she wants to help and she is shielding me from the day to day maintenance. However, I am the big decision maker, which is as it should be. That’s too much to ask of her.

Between Ruthie and Morris, C’s long-term on again off again guy, the house will be taken care of and fixed up for eventual sale. The bills will be paid.

I am exceedingly grateful for their support. And now, we wait.

Advertisements

One Comment

Leave a Comment
  1. LittleWit / Aug 7 2008 10:00 pm

    Let me know if you need anything. Hugs!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: